I’ve noticed myself eating less than I would regularly do. The fact that I am busy (tindera nga!) doesn’t contribute. I usually stop and eat during meal times. I’m the one who gets grouchy when I am not given food when hungry (it was in my sister’s wedding speech–advise to S to feed me before I get hungry!).
It feels strange (but good!) to be eating less. I feel lighter. I did wonder why though…am I in love? (diba, if one’s in love, she can hardly eat because of kilig? Hahahaha!) Then I asked my yogi…
- Heavy sweating helps detoxify the body
- As the blood thins, the circulatory system is cleared
- The output of cells which fight infection is increased
- The heart rate is elevated
- In Bikram yoga, weight loss is made easier because your muscles are warmed and can burn fat more easily
- The heated environment is initially very challenging, helping to increase will power and mental strength
Bikram Yoga helps one lose weight in the following ways (taken from HERE):
- It is well-known that to be effective, a workout should make you sweat and increase your heart rate. Bikram yoga well and truly fulfills both of these criteria.
- Warm muscles burn fat more easily; your muscles also become more stronger and more supple from practicing Bikram yoga. Both these factors allow you to exercise your body more effectively and aid the weight loss process.
- Detoxifying the body and having a healthy circulatory system are known to have a very positive effect on metabolism. This in turn increases the ability of your body to shed weight more effectively.
- It is widely known that practicing Bikram yoga enables many of your bodily systems and functions – digestion, respiration, endocrine, lymphatic and elimination – to work in harmony. As a result, your appetite will normalize (and likely decrease) and you will more than likely lose all your cravings for unhealthful foods.
- Increased willpower and mental strength that comes from the challenge of practicing yoga in a heated environment will help you maintain your resolve and resist temptation when trying to lose weight
Yahoo! At least, I get to eat more healthful foods (sweets have lost their appeal, even pizza, tapsi, longsi, etc.). It’s a bit strange because I love these food and they’re suddenly not in my comfort food list. In fact, I don’t know what’s on my comfort food list now! (Horrors!) Maybe soup.
Oh well…my goal might actually be closer than I think…..woohoo, new wardrobe, here I come!!!
Have a great week, everyone!