So this is what we did for nursery with the following goals in mind:
- to get everyone to join in all the events at all times
- to finish in 2 hours or less (remember, this is held on weekends, when parents can actually get time off)
- to get the parents work hand-in-hand
- to keep within the budget
- to make sure everyone had fun
P started big school last year. And for the first three levels (nursery, prep and grade 1), there is what you call a fellowship where all the parents and children get together and try (at some level—because it tends to get crazy with the number of people) and get to know one another.
It’s a chance for other parents to get to know their co-parents, for them to get to know the friends of their kids, for them to meet the kids’ teachers in an informal setting and for their kids to get to know the parents of their classmates.